Our Topic this term is a Social Sciences Unit about the significance of the sea.
We went into the Staff Room with Rooms Three and Four. Richard de Hamel came to school to talk about Traditional Maori Fishing. He showed us the hooks. He showed us how Traditional Maori caught and stored their fish, and how they made their fishing hooks and lines. We got a big flat rock and some shells and we tried to make some hooks.The hooks were made out of wood, bone and shells.
"I scraped the shell on the rock," said Ke'ala.
"I looked at the seaweed bag. It smelt gross," said Hue.
"We had flax to make string," said Ezra. "He showed us scrape the flax and how to twist it into string," said Lachie.
"I held a float that had some flax string around it. It floats on the top," said Olly.
Friday, August 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment